12.13.2006

Suprise!

What Have I Been Doing Since I Last Blogged:

  1. Finishing this semester. My last final (in tech editing) is today form 10:15-12:15.
  2. Finished reading Anna Karenina. It's a good book but quite laborious. The relationships are fun to read about, but the political/religious/philosophical talk is somewhat "burdensome."
  3. Started studying for the GRE, which I take on Dec. 28th. SOOO nervous!
  4. Worked on my grad school application and got letters of recommendations from my professors.
  5. Had Brad's family in for Thanksgiving. It was really, really nice to see them. We went to the TN Valley Winery, rode the Foothills Parkway, went shopping, watched Lord of the Rings, and had a Thanksgiving Feast.
  6. Met Brad's mom's fiance at Thanksgiving. We're glad she seems happy.
  7. My grandfather passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was my grandmother's birthday. Brad and I went down for the funeral. We were expecting it, but it still hurts quite a bit.
  8. Saw the movie Borat. It's hilarious!

Yeah, so, I guess I haven't really done much outside of school for the past month. I've written quite a few papers and studied for the GRE. I'm super, super nervous about getting into graduate school since my previous grades aren't so hot. The GRE is making me nervous too. I am trying to build my command of vocabulary, but it's slow going. I will probably be on a social hiatus until after Dec. 28th. I have one social engagement this Friday night with Brad's work, but I'll probably retreat from society for a while. It's easier to remember vocabulary when you don't have to think about anything else--like carrying on a conversation. ;o)

No comments: